Ready for that new step? Become an OP-Welder at Sif group in Roermond or Maasvlakte 2!
In the position of OP welder, you make weld connections using (semi) automatic welding machines, which meet the relevant welding regulations (WPS). Because of the specific machines, we train the OP welders ourselves. You ensure that the welding machine remains in good condition by performing minor preventive maintenance work and ensure a good transfer to the next service. Keeping the workplace clean and organized (Housekeeping) is part of this. You will be working in a team where employees of different nationalities work. It is therefore important that you speak Dutch, German and / or English well. As a welder you will work in a 3-shift service. This means that you have to take day, night and afternoon services into account.
Sif - an internationally listed company - we make thick-walled steel foundation pipes (our XL monopiles weigh 2000 tons!) And other steel components for offshore wind turbines and jacket constructions. The development of wind farms is in full swing and offers great opportunities for Sif. We grow along and contribute to a sustainable future.
Sif is located at two locations: in Roermond and at Maasvlakte 2 (Rotterdam). Every day we work together on an impressive product that must meet the highest quality requirements. We work in an informal atmosphere, but always with the common goal in mind. We do what you promise, take responsibility and help each other. Our organization is on the move and gives you the space to grow and to work independently. Are you going to make it at Sif?
We are looking for:
- Experienced machine or manual welder who wants to be trained as an OP welder;
- LBO working and thinking level, obtained by completing technical training;
- in possession of a valid VCA diploma;
- knowledge of and experience with welding techniques; (manual welder process numbers: 136 (FCAW) 111 (SMAW) 138 (GMAW) OP welder process number: 121 (SAW);
- knowledge of and experience with relevant means of transport (overhead cranes, lorries, etc.);
- knowledge of and experience with metalworking.
What will your duties be:
- determining the correct working method;
- taking initiatives within the framework of guidelines determined by the hall coordinator;
- deviating from the production sequence list after permission from the hall coordinator and / or production coordinator;
- Machine Welding of Seams.
What can you expect from us?
You end up in a beautiful and unique production environment where there is a good working atmosphere. You get a nice salary and a good pension scheme. Do you want to come to work sporty? Then we have a cycling plan for our employees. This allows you to purchase a bicycle at a discount to cycle to work in the morning sun.
Apply directly via the 'apply' button below. If you have any questions about this position, you can contact the manager of the department during office hours.
Contact: Linda Kessels
Phone no.+31 (0)475 385 777
No agencies please