Are you ready for a new career move to a company that literally sparks with energy? We are looking for a QC Engineer for our Roermond site!
The QC Engineer in Roermond supports our QC Inspectors by reviewing their reports, measurements, variance lists and NCRs. By analysing NCRs and variances, the QC Engineer actively contributes to continuous improvement of product quality and the associated processes.
At Sif, we attach great value to our core competencies: clear ownership, a strong focus on results and teamwork. So, as you would expect, you will play an exemplary role in the quality department. Based on your quality awareness, you stimulate and inform the organisation with regard to compliance with the quality system. You report to the QA/QC Manager.
A QC Engineer with good communication and social skills, who is also in possession of a valid Safety for Operational Supervisors SCC certificate (VCA-VOL). You have a good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and a good command of both spoken and written Dutch and English. A good knowledge of German is an advantage.
- You are educated to and used to working at an Intermediate/Higher Professional Education level (MBO+/HBO), preferably in Mechanical Engineering with an additional International Welding Technologist qualification;
- You have a valid welding inspection certificate such as CSWIP, IWI-C/S, AWS CWI, NS744;
- You have a good knowledge of production processes such as welding, NDT and conservation.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with inspections and final documentation;
What skills and competences do you need?
As a QC Engineer at Sif, you take customers on a tour of the site when they visit Sif and you will participate in meetings to prepare and evaluate projects.
- You will draw up NCRs, investigate the causes and propose corrective and preventive measures;
- You will check and analyse the documents and reports that are inherent to the production process;
- You supervise and support QC Inspectors when producing reports, performing acceptance inspections and noting variances.
Who are we?
At Sif - an international listed company - we make thick-walled steel foundation pipes (our XL monopiles weigh 1000 tons!) and other steel components for offshore wind turbines and jacket structures. Many wind farms are currently planned and under construction and this development is a great opportunity for Sif. We are expanding to meet demand and proud to contribute to a sustainable future.
Sif operates from two locations: one in Roermond and one at Maasvlakte 2 (Rotterdam). Every day, we all work together to build an impressive product that has to meet the highest quality standards. Even though the atmosphere is informal, everyone is fully focused on our common goal. Doing what you say, accepting responsibility and helping each other is the norm at Sif. Our organisation is dynamic and offers you opportunities for career development and working independently. Do you have what it takes to be successful at Sif?
Click the ‘Apply here’ button below to register your application immediately.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact the departmental manager during office hours.
Person to contact: Roel Corstjens
Telephone number: +31 (0) 475 385 777
We have posted this job advertisement to attract the interest of potential new colleagues. It should NOT be seen as an invitation to try to sell us recruitment services.