QC Manager- Maasvlakte 2
For our Maasvlakte 2 site, we are looking to recruit a QC Manager.
The QC Manager and his/her team, in collaboration with the Operations department, make sure that end-products or sub-products are presented to the customer in time and with the right level of quality. You will be the functional and hierarchic manager of a team of QC Inspectors. Together with the QC Engineer, you make sure the customer’s quality requirements are met and that all the documents required for the as-built file have been checked and are completed in time.
Want to get stuck in at a company that makes sparks fly? Sif - an international listed business - manufactures thick-walled steel foundation pipes (our XL mono-piles weigh 1,000 tonnes!) and other steel components for offshore wind turbines and jacket structures. The development of wind farms is in full swing and offers wonderful opportunities for Sif. We follow the growth trend and contribute to a sustainable future.
Sif has two sites, one in Roermond and one at Maasvlakte 2 (Rotterdam). Every day, our team manufactures impressive products that have to meet the strictest quality requirements. The atmosphere is informal but we always focus on the common goal. Making good on your promises, accepting responsibility and helping each other out come natural to us. Our organisation is on the move and gives you the opportunity to develop and work independently. Will you be joining Sif?
We are looking for:
· An experienced manager who has completed a technical university of applied sciences degree programme with IWE or IWT (IWI-C is a bonus) or who is prepared to complete one within one year.
· At least five years of experience in the offshore industry;
· Experience with the aforementioned processes (or, at least, some of them);
· Knowledge of welding techniques, the assessment thereof and knowledge of quality systems;
· Good command of English and Dutch, both verbally and in writing;
· A proactive attitude, pragmatic, focused on the result, no 9 to 5 mentality;
· Analytical brainpower;
· Flexible attitude regarding working days, working hours and work location.
What do we expect from you?
- Organising and supporting purchases in collaboration with the Production department and/or the customer;
- Assessing documentation;
- Coordinating investigations on the basis of deviations/complaints;
- Managing a QC team of three to seven FTE;
- Conducting progress meetings and development interviews with members of staff;
- Conducting weekly consultations with the customer’s QC site team;
- Giving advice to the Production department about which corrections can be made in the event of deviations;
- Discussing points for improvement with colleagues from other branches;
- Reporting to the QA/QC Manager;
- Acting as a point of contact for internal departments in the event of potential bottlenecks with regard to his/her area of work.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact the departmental manager during office hours.
Contact person: Roel Corstjens
Telephone no.: +31 (0) 475 385 777
No agencies please.